Hickman goes green with MSS Colchester Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hickman goes green with MSS Colchester Kawasaki
[Image: msskawasakigif.jpg]

Peter Hickman is ready to step up for the 2012 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship season after confirming today (Wednesday) he will make the switch to the MSS Colchester Kawasaki team alongside Michael Rutter.

Hickman secured a maiden BSB podium finish last season at Thruxton with a strong second place and was another rider to narrowly miss out on the cut for the top six in the Showdown before ending the season in ninth place. Hickman already has a history of riding Kawasakis in both the Superstock and Superbike classes and is looking forward to riding the new ZX-10R this season.

[Image: rutterandhickman.jpg]

Hickman said:

"I've been talking to Nick for a couple of years but it came together for 2012 over the winter and I've got to say I'm really chuffed to be with such an established team. I keep coming back to Kawasaki; I won the Superstock Cup in 2004 on one and raced one again in Superstock in 2005 before two years on the Hawk Kawasaki bike in 2006-7 with some really good results in the first year.

"The new rules in BSB should maybe close the gap but I'm sure it will still be the same faces up the front. That said, I haven't got to re-learn anything as I only experienced traction control for the first time last season and even then had it running in the background rather than using it properly. I'm bringing my crew chief with me so it will be good to have a bit of consistency and I know Nick runs a great team. I feel like I've earned my place on the BSB grid now and with this package and team there's no reason why we can't be aiming for the top six, even with such a strong field. I have more to prove this year and I am really excited about getting started so I just can't wait now for Brands Hatch and the start of the season."

02-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Website Find Reply