Pr1mo Racing latest
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Pr1mo Racing latest
[Image: pr1moracinglogo.jpg]

In light of recent events, Pr1mo Racing regrets to confirm that team owner Danny Cheevers has been taken into custody with a charge for conspiracy to supply narcotics.

This has come as a huge shock and disappointment to everyone in the team. As a title sponsor, Pr1mo will be looking to continue its relationship with Bournemouth Kawasaki and its preparations for the 2012 season remain in place.

A further announcement will be made at a later date when we have more information.

Posted by Pr1mo Racing on 31 January 2012
02-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Pr1mo Racing latest
Troubled week sees Burns future in doubt

Newcastle motorcycle racer Joe Burns looks set to abandon his British Superbike Championship plans this season after a troubled week for the Pr1mo Kawasaki team.

Burns, 19, had been signed to ride one of the squad’s Kawasaki ZX10 machines in this year’s series after impressing the team when he rode their Superstock bike last season.

But this week things took a dramatic twist when team owner Danny Cheevers was remanded in custody with a charge for conspiracy to supply cocaine.

[Image: joeburnsheadshot.jpg]

The Pr1mo Racing outfit was thrown into panic and a news release later confirmed Pr1mo was still hoping to continue its relationship with Bournemouth Kawasaki.

However, this left Burns potentially out in the cold with just two months before the season kicks-off over the Easter weekend, and he was forced to start making other plans.

As it stands, he is likely to once again run himself along with his dad, Mick, in this year’s Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship. He plans to run a ZX10 but it is unclear at the moment how much input Pr1mo will have.

“The news is that I’m competing in this year’s National Superstock 1000 Championship, riding for myself on a ZX10R,” he revealed.

“I only have the budget for a few rounds so hopefully I can get some decent results and gain some help.”
05-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Website Find Reply