Coates set for British Supersport debut
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Coates set for British Supersport debut
[Image: colinappleyardhdr.jpg]

Nikki Coates will make his debut in the British Supersport Championship this season after signing for the Colin Appleyard/Macadam Racing team as he returns to the UK paddock following a spell in last year's CEV Buckler Spanish Moto 2 Championship.

Coates already has experience of the UK circuits after three seasons in the Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship from 2008 - 2010, where he was a podium finisher after graduating from the British 125GP Championship. Coates will join Deane Brown and Kev Coghlan in the Supersport team.

[Image: nikkicoatesheadshot.jpg]

Coates said:

"I knew the team from when I raced in the UK previously and we have always stayed in touch. I raced in the National Superstock 600 class and then I wanted to try the European circuits and Moto 2 as I thought it might suit me so I thought I would give it a go. I had been watching the British Championship still and with two races for Supersport and the exciting races last season I decided it was the next step.

"I have learnt a lot over the past seasons and I know what the team are capable of so I just need to start the year and keep progressing from there. I raced a Yamaha before so I am looking forward to testing and getting to the first round."

07-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Website Find Reply