MORGAN HAS PLANS
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MORGAN HAS PLANS
[Image: davymorganhdr.jpg]

Experienced Northern Ireland road racer Davy Morgan has joined the growing number of riders entering the Supertwins class in 2012.

Morgan will ride a Kawasaki ER6 at the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix plus the national events this season.

The bike is being prepared and supplied by Tony Morris and will be run in the colours of CMS, an MOT preparation centre based in Blackburn.

Morgan will run a full stable of machines on the roads this year, including the CSC Racing Yamaha R6 for Steve and Chris Caffyn, plus Trevor Matthewson’s Strangford Holiday Park Suzuki GSX-R1000 and a 250cc Honda with support from D&GW Racing.

The Supertwins class is growing in popularity and is being catered for at the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT for the first time in 2012.

Last month it emerged that former 250cc Grand Prix winner Jeremy McWilliams will ride a Kawasaki for Ryan Farquhar’s KMR team in the class at the North West, with more high profile names expected to be confirmed for the event at the north coast road race and the TT in the coming weeks.

[Image: davymorganprofile.jpg]

“Tony (Morris) mentioned the possibility of a 650cc ride back in August when he asked if I would be interested in riding a bike for him,” said Morgan

“Tony had a few riders in mind at the time and I’m delighted that he has now decided to put his faith in me and I am looking forward to getting a run on it and seeing how I get on,” added Morgan.

“With the current financial climate it is great to welcome a major well known sponsor like CMS to Davy Morgan Racing.”

The 39-year-old from Saintfield in County Down is looking ahead to a busy road racing campaign and is indebted to his sponsors for their support during times of economic hardship.

“With a full complement of machinery to prepare, maintain and race at all the meetings we will be attending, it will be a busy year for myself and my loyal band of helpers.

“Without them and my sponsors I could not race so for their continued support I thank Steve and Chris (Caffyn) for the CSC Racing R6 Yamaha, Trevor (Matthewson) for the Strangford Holiday Park GSXR-1000 Suzuki and the Davy Morgan 71 Road Racing Supporters Club, who help with general running costs of the team,”
he added.

“I also want to thank and welcome new sponsors to the team for 2012, DG&W Racing, who are helping with the running costs of the 250cc Honda and of course Tony and CMS for the Supertwin Kawasaki.

“It’s an exciting time for me personally and hopefully everyone involved.”

Morris pledged that no expense would be spared in providing Morgan with a competitive Supertwin as he embarks on a new racing venture in the class with the Ulsterman.

“We’re delighted to be involved with Davy Morgan Racing and are excited about the season ahead now that it is all sorted,” he said.

“The bike will be well prepared and no expense is being spared to make it as competitive as possible, so we are confident that it will help Davy get some excellent results as it should suit his smooth riding style.”

Morris also intends to run a second machine at selected national races and at the TT, with a rider yet to be confirmed.

Meanwhile, Morgan’s supporters’ club is holding a golf day in association with Action Cancer at Knock Golf Club on March 30.

Tickets (£50) are available (golf and dinner) or for £25 (meal only) by contacting Mark on: 07870559086 or David: 07742 196205.

A fundraising quiz night will also be held at Saintfield Sports Club on February 25 at 7.45pm.
The cost is £5 per person (max of six persons per team.)

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
07-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Website Find Reply