Stalker returns: Walker joins Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Stalker returns: Walker joins Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki
[Image: pr1moracinglogo.jpg]

Chris Walker will return to the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship this season after it has been confirmed today (Wednesday) that he will join forces with the Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki team.

The team confirmed their Elite status at the end of last year with Walker looking like he could miss the opportunity to compete in his tenth season of BSB. However the team have now restructured and the 'Stalker' will return to the grid when the season gets underway at Brands Hatch this Easter (6-9 April).

Walker said:

"I am absolutely thrilled to bits to be able to be racing in BSB again this season. I couldn't believe it when the opportunity came up out of the blue. I really wanted to continue in BSB and this is the chance to do that, now we can finalise staff and machinery but it's all looking great and I can't wait. I have had some great support from the fans over the past few weeks and now to finally be able to confirm where I am racing is big relief if I am honest. As I have said before I have a long association with Kawasaki and to be able to continue that into 2012 really is great news for me."

Team Owner Peter Extance concluded:

"Since we were initially announced as an Elite team the circumstances may have changed, but I am pleased to confirm that we will definitely be participating in the 2012 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship. James Hillier remains with the Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki team and with the changes within the team structure we are delighted to confirm that Chris Walker won't be missing from the grid as he will now be our second rider. We are now looking ahead to a successful season in the championship and for our testing schedule to begin over the coming weeks."

08-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Website Find Reply