Burrows secures ex-Amor Honda
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Burrows secures ex-Amor Honda
[Image: johnburrowshdr.jpg]

Evergreen road racer John Burrows will ride a Honda CBR600-RR for the Moira Motorcycle Club on the roads this season.

Burrows, who flew out to Los Angeles on Thursday to test the Lightning Motorcycles electric bike he will ride in the TT Zero Clean Emissions race in June, was selected for the ride after a proposed deal with southern competitor David Lumsden failed to materialise.

The Honda was previously raced by Scottish rider Keith Amor, who announced his retirement from road racing last month due to a shoulder injury he sustained at the TT in 2011.

Burrows, who has also secured the ex-TAS Suzuki Superbike on which Bruce Anstey set the outright lap record at Dundrod on his way to victory in the second Superbike race in 2010, says he hopes to repay the faith shown in him by the club with some solid finishes in the Supersport class this year.

“I’m chuffed to have been asked to ride for the Moira club,” said Burrows.

“Before I started racing I always admired the Moira team, who always had top-class riders on good machinery backed by an enthusiastic club.

“I have met up with the club members and I hope I can repay the faith they have shown in me,”
he added.

“I’m certainly looking forward to riding the Honda and I’m also honoured because I was great friends with the late Andrew Neill, who was held in such high esteem by the club.”

[Image: burrowsamorhonda.jpg]

Over the years the Moira club - which recently celebrated its 30th anniversary - has supported numerous top names including Woolsey Coulter, Gary Dynes, Dave Leach, Andrew Neill and Gary Jess.

The club’s chairman, Colly Walker, said he was delighted to strike up an association with Burrows, who is a regular front-runner at the national meetings.

“Following our rather short-lived association with David Lumsden, the club began looking around for another rider and we had quite a few guys interested in riding for us,” he said.

“It wasn’t an easy decision for the club, however, John’s professional approach to the sport and his popularity amongst the public coupled with the fact he is a excellent rider certainly made him a favourite choice.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 06:18 PM by Malcolm.)
09-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Website Find Reply