Marquez will not attend Jerez Test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Marquez will not attend Jerez Test
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

The CatalunyaCaixa Repsol rider is still recovering from the recent operation carried out on his right eye and will miss this week’s testing in Jerez, but Márquez is working hard and focusing 100% on getting the most out of a reduced preseason.

Marc Marquez underwent a medical exam on Monday that confirmed recovery from vision problems is continuing in a positive direction, though later on his blog at Repsol.com, he posted that he would not be participating in the Moto2™ Test scheduled this week at the Jerez circuit.

"Today I went to the doctor in Barcelona and everything is going as planned according to the deadlines he set. I just have to take it easy. For now, the team and I stayed home this week and we won’t participate in the test at Jerez. But we understand that it does not mean we are on vacation," wrote the 2011 Moto2 Rookie of the Year in his blog. The Moto2 World Championship runner-up says he is "working on my fitness and training hard on my dirt bike, and I'm looking forward to get on my Moto2 bike."

[Image: marquezinpits.jpg]

In a conversation with motogp.com, Marquez's mentor and team manager Emilio Alzamora said: "There is no specific date for his return yet. They are doing medical checks and are happy with his progress, but things still need time. Marc will be on the bike when he is at 100%."

Alzamora added that Marquez "continues his training, riding motocross and waiting until he can return." When asked if his return was scheduled to be at a test in Portugal at the Portimao circuit, as has been reported on several websites, or at the next official Test of the season in late March, again at Jerez, Alzamora replied: "I can’t say whether it will be in Portimao or Jerez, like I said, we can’t yet anticipate a specific date."

15-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Website Find Reply