Manx Grand Prix in need of better marketing, say organisers
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
RE: Manx Grand Prix in need of better marketing, say organisers
Going back to the original tone of the thread about needing better marketing, let me give an example: In the first issue of the new BSN there was an ad for the Manx which took up approx 1/3 of a page. Read on a few pages and you'll find a FULL PAGE advert by the Auto 66 club for their April schedule.

While it was good to see the MGP actually being advertised and the ad itself seemed to be a good one, why on earth could whoever was responsible for placing it not have specified a full page? I know that would make it more costly but are the Auto 66 club that much better off than the IOM financially???

Penny pinch with the advertising and don't be surprised if you don't get the results you were hoping for...

As far as attracting new riders is concerned (and I know I'm repeating myself) the organisers need to get some representation into the paddocks at CRMC and BHR meetings and meet the riders, make them feel wanted and try and create some interest. I was at the first BHR meeting at Mallory a couple of weeks ago and another photographer I know was at the first CRMC do at Pembrey the week before - not a sniff of the MGP to be seen anywhere.
28-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manx Grand Prix in need of better marketing, say organisers - by sticky - 28-04-2012, 05:50 PM