Manxman Hunt Joins CN Racing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Manxman Hunt Joins CN Racing
[Image: cnracinglogo.jpg]

CN Racing has completed their line up for the 2012 Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship by signing Manxman Gavin Hunt who will join Danny Buchan and Josh Day aboard the team's Ten Kate-prepared 1000cc Honda Fireblades.

The 25-year-old from Braddan will contest all 12 rounds of the series for the Hebden Bridge-based team as well as the North West 200 in May which will see him make his third visit to the 8.9-mile Causeway Coast track.

Having fully recovered from a serious leg injury sustained in 2010 which affected his season last year also, Hunt has undertaken a major training regime over winter and will arrive at the opening round at Brands Hatch over Easter, fitter and leaner than before.

His arrival bolsters the team's considerable strength following the earlier signing of 2011 Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship runner-up Danny Buchan from Basildon and former Metzeler National Superstock 600 Champion Josh Day from Cirencester.

Also in action for the team will be Ulster starlet Andy Reid who will contest the Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship.

Gavin Hunt:

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me to be involved in a professional team and I'm delighted to have been given the chance. In the past, I've run my bikes myself and it's been hard work but now I can concentrate on my fitness and preparing for the challenge this season. I have some fast team mates and it's going to be tough but now I'm fully fit and ready so hopefully we can start scoring some serious points from the off. It's a big chance for me and I intend to make the most of it."

Dwayne McCracken, Crew Chief:

"We're delighted to have Gavin on board for this season as we've been impressed with what he's done with his own team in the past. He is coming to a team with the right bikes, the right people and the right infrastructure and I'm sure he'll do well. With Gavin alongside Danny and Josh, we feel we have one of the strongest line ups in the Superstock 1000 series and with Andy set for a good season in the 600 class hopefully, we are all very excited going into Brands Hatch."

[Image: GavHunt1.jpg]

Gavin Hunt will race for CN Racing in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship this season.

The opening round of both the Metzeler National Superstock 600cc and 1000cc Championships kicks off at Brands Hatch on Easter Monday (9th April) and for further information, please visit www.cnracing.co.uk or www.britishsuperbike.com.

25-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Website Find Reply