Brookes and Seeley break out at Kirkistown
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes and Seeley break out at Kirkistown
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

The Tyco Suzuki team started their pre-season testing campaign today (Tuesday) with a shakedown test at Kirkistown, County Down ahead of the 2012 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship season.

The team braved the cold conditions as Josh Brookes and Alastair Seeley rode their BSB bikes with the new 2012-spec engine configuration and Motec spec ecu for the first time. They were joined by Conor Cummins riding his GSX-R1000 Superstock bike. Brookes racked up the laps completing 82 around the 1.53mile Kirkistown circuit, whilst Seeley completed 54.

Brookes said:

"I expected to just jump on the bike and it to be my old love but it didn't work out that way. But it's been a good first day. We had no moments, no mechanical issues - just a good safe run around. With the new (Motec spec) ecu I expected to be in and out of the garage all day with little sensor glitches but the bike ran perfectly. I feel like we've got the ball rolling now."

[Image: tycosuzukitestmarch.jpg]

Reigning British Supersport champion Seeley said:

"It's good to get a feel for a superbike again. The track temperature today has been way down so we can't push to the kind of lap times we know we can achieve here but it's been good to blow away the cobwebs. It's good to gel with the crew and I've got the three older guys on the team in my corner this year. Older, wiser and hopefully that equates to a championship-winning effort!"

Photo: Pacemaker press

06-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Website Find Reply