Tyco Suzuki shakedown complete for Brookes and Seeley
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tyco Suzuki shakedown complete for Brookes and Seeley
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

The Tyco Suzuki pairing of Josh Brookes and Alastair Seeley finished their second day on track at Kirkistown, County Down today (Wednesday) with both riders feeling positive after the initial shakedown test despite the changing conditions later in the day.

The pair had been running the team's new specification bikes for the first time yesterday, but on their second afternoon the test was hit by rain however both Brookes and Seeley had racked up the laps in the morning session. Seeley had tested several different suspension linkages in a bid to cure the pumping on two of the faster corners but the British Supersport champion was enjoying his return to the Superbike. Brookes was hoping to test a new swingarm during the afternoon session, but the weather thwarted his plan and now the pair are looking to move on to their next test at Brands Hatch later this month.

Brookes said:

"These past two days have been a shakedown test for the team and after a winter of getting everything sorted with the new spec bike you need these days to get things going and take it from there. It is a small track so it is difficult to gauge overall but we wanted to get out and run the Tyco Suzuki in as when you have put a new bike together you usually get some niggling problems and you can get them out the way early. We were able to run for two days though without any of those so it was a good start and shows good judgement by the team. It didn't matter too much what the conditions were like as we now know everything is working how it should be and we have also gathered some data in the process. This afternoon we were going to test a new swingarm that we have for this year but it rained heavily and it wouldn't have been a true representation. The first real test for us will be at Brands Hatch; that's when me and the Tyco Suzuki will have our proper first test."

Seeley said:

"It has been good for me getting back out on the Tyco Suzuki and for me to be back on a Superbike. For the first time I have been working with a Superbike that is built from the ground up, rather than been from previous seasons when we have continued to evolve so this felt really good. We have just been gelling as a team again and the only real problem we had was with the temperature as today it was cold and it wasn't easy to keep up the tyre temperature. We did have a pumping issue but other than that it has been a good test. It feels good to be on a Superbike with all the power, but where you can still feel it sliding without traction coming on and it is all done with the throttle as that is what I have been used to. It has been a good test and I am looking forward to getting out again at Brands Hatch."

08-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Website Find Reply