Hill upbeat despite crash as Haga gets into the groove in Spain
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill upbeat despite crash as Haga gets into the groove in Spain
[Image: swanyamahahdr.gif]

The championship-winning Swan Yamaha team rolled out of pitlane Friday at Cartagena as Tommy Hill and Noriyuki Haga got their first opportunity to test the new specification machines ahead of the opening round of the season at Brands Hatch in four weeks time.

The test marked Hill's first laps with the team since securing a spectacular maiden title win last season and Haga's debut with the Guisborough-based squad as the Japanese ace prepares to make his mark on the championship. The initial shakedown saw both riders work through some basic changes in the early stages before turning their attentions to finding the optimum base setting. In the afternoon session Hill suffered a high-speed crash but the defending champion admits he is ready to get back on track tomorrow after suffering only bruising despite extensive damage to the Swan Yamaha.

Hill said:

"It was a big first day back on track with the Swan Yamaha team. We had quite a few teething problems initially with the fuelling which held us back this morning but we were running a pretty good pace and making some good steps forward. It was hard early on as we spent time doing shorter runs so we couldn't string a run of laps together but with the improvements we started heading in the right direction. We had a good pace from the word go though and the times we were running were good. I am just sorry for the team that they had to work hard on the bike after the crash today. I am a little bit bruised up but otherwise I am fine and ready to get back out again tomorrow."

[Image: hillbentbike12.jpg]

Haga said:

"Since the first run I had a good sensation riding the R1. During this morning I was concentrating on learning the track as it was new to me and I was also processing the map settings. Later in the afternoon I got a good feeling concerning the engine setting and tomorrow I will try and further my options. I am very happy and I want to thank Shaun Muir and his Swan Yamaha team for this opportunity to ride the R1."

[Image: hagatesting12.jpg]
Pic by Double Red

10-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Website Find Reply