NGM Mobile Forward Racing shows off 2012 project
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
NGM Mobile Forward Racing shows off 2012 project
[Image: forwardracinglogo.jpg]

The Italian team, which in 2012 will run Colin Edwards in MotoGP and Alex de Angelis and Yuki Takahashi in Moto2, officially presenred its team at Jerez on Tuesday.

Expanding its project into the premier class this season with Colin Edwards on a CRT machine and with a fresh new line-up in Moto2 comprised of Sammarinese rider Alex de Angelis and Japanese Yuki Takahashi – both race winners in the category – the team is currently testing its Suter machinery at Jerez, where Edwards will ride later in the week at the official MotoGP Test.

Speaking at the presentation at the circuit, the American explained that the progress on the BMW-powered Suter was coming along very well.

"I am very happy to be here today and to be part of this new adventure (CRT) with the team," he said. "We started off working a lot on the development of the bike and especially on the electronics. At the first test we were at about 60% of the development of the bike, and now we are at about 92% or 93%. Our objective is to keep working and get good results."

[Image: edwardslivery2012.jpg]

Equally enthusiastic are De Angelis and Takahashi, who both embark on their third season in Moto2.

"I’ve known Giovanni Cuzari (Media Action’s CEO and team owner) for three years and he has always wanted me to be part of his team. I’m very happy with my choice. I know that for the past year and a half I have been riding a different bike and that now I have to adapt my riding style to the Suter, but I believe that we can work really well together."

Takahashi added:

"I am happy to be here, the bike is good, the team is good and we can achieve many things together this season. We have had a busy pre-season where we have tried many different things to find a good setting. I hope to have a good start of the season and keep up the good work of the team."

Team owner and CEO of Media Action, Giovanni Cuzari, was also present and commented:

"Today we're here to officially present our entry into MotoGP; Taking one more step forward. I think the CRT will, with time, have the same success that Moto2 experienced in 2012. Of course like all rookies at the beginning we will suffer a bit but time will prove us right and hopefully bring many satisfying moments with the CRT machine."

21-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Website Find Reply