Test notes part one: Tyco Suzuki and Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Test notes part one: Tyco Suzuki and Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship teams were out in force today (Wednesday) at Brands Hatch, just two weeks ahead of the opening round of the season at the Kent circuit.

The Tyco Suzuki team of Josh Brookes and Alastair Seeley were back on track for the first time since their initial shakedown at Kirkistown recently. Brookes was able to test new fork designs and continued to adapt to the new specification Suzuki, whilst Seeley had a difficult start to the day with some issues slowing his progress on track as he looked to improve stability over the bumps.

Brookes said:

"The first run out we had was at Kirkistown and that was a case of running the bike for the first time and to check everything was running ok. Here we have actually been running settings close to last year and so I am more familiar with it. The electrics and the fuelling are working well and it is smooth. I have been getting used to not having a kicker, as one of the things we used last year that we can't now. We have a new fork design, which is more to do with the weight, different brakes and so I have been getting used to that. We have been just testing it all out really and then we can test the maximum potential at Snetterton tomorrow."

Seeley said:

"I didn't get a lot of laps in this morning before lunchtime as we had a few issues with the suspension and then the chain jumped off. We are still getting the tyre working better on the side as you exit the corners and on the bumps as it gets a bit unstable. I have been trying some different lines to see if that would help, but Josh doesn't seem to be having the same problem so we have been trying to hit the nail on the head for Snetterton tomorrow. It has been character building day!"

The Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team also clocked up the laps around the Indy circuit as Shane 'Shakey' Byrne worked on chassis settings whilst Stuart Easton admitted the more time he spent on the bike the more comfortable he is getting as he makes his recovery from injury.

Byrne said:

"As Brands Hatch is my home track I was looking forward to getting back out there; the Indy circuit is one that you have to really push for a lap time, a bit scratchers track but good for our test. In terms of consistency with lap times I am over the moon; we are bang on. We have been working on the chassis again today to find the best balance. We don't know what kind of times anyone else has been doing but we have been consistent today; it is the first round that matters as that is when the talking stops."

Easton said:

"I have been able to do a good amount of laps today and I feel more comfortable on the bike than I did in Spain. I have been doing stints then coming back in and I am feeling much better now than the last time we were out, but that will come with riding the bike and then at events having physio in-between. We have been looking at the direction we need to head for Brands Hatch but I am happier every time I get back out on circuit."

22-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Website Find Reply