Successful Pro Test for ILR Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Successful Pro Test for ILR Kawasaki
[Image: loughernewlogo.jpg]

It was a busy time in Spain at the Cartagena Pro-Test for ILR Kawasaki, with team manager/rider Ian Lougher declaring himself more than happy after four days of testing for the team.

Victor Cox and his new team-mate Ashley Beech took full advantage of the test to familiarise themselves with their latest 2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R's whilst it was also the perfect opportunity for the new and established team personnel to work together for the first time and to get to know one another.

Victor Cox:

"I am really happy with our 4-day test, it was great being back on the Ninja ZX-10R with the ILR Kawasaki team. It took a couple of sessions to get back into it but by the end of the test I got down to a good pace, testing some new things with the bike which was really successful. The team and Richard from Maxton did a brilliant job. Now I can't wait to get back on the bike at Brands for the first round."

[Image: ilrboysinpits.jpg]
Team-mates Victor Cox and Ashley Beech relax between test sessions at Cartagena

Ian Lougher:

''It was a great Cartagena test for ILR Kawasaki, and a very hot one, about 27 degrees most days.

The four days allowed Victor to get back up to speed after the long winter break. The first day he circulated getting quicker and quicker all the time, but we didn't want to change too much on his bike, instead we thought it would be better for him to blow the cobwebs away on a set up that he was familiar with from the tail end of 2011.

After that we tried various front fork and rear suspension combination set ups, and came away from Spain with a bike that has a mixture of last year's and this year's ideas as a base setting. (Thank you Richard from Maxton Suspension, as always - superb)

To be honest, it is nice not to be starting with a new model machine this time, which we did in 2011. Last year we ended up being a bit hit and miss sometimes with the set-up as we got to understand the Ninja's likes and dislikes!

I have to say I was mightily impressed with young Ash Beech, as it was his first ride on a 1000cc machine. He started his first day sensibly, learning how to ride the big Kwak which is an altogether different kettle of fish to a 600, using different lines and braking markers, steadily learning and picking up the pace throughout the 4 days. As the time ticked by he got more and more familiar with the bike, eventually upping the pace to be within one second of the flying Victor...which was some feat!!!

A lot of the time Ash chose to stay out on worn tyres, as he realised to be quick for race distance at BSB level, he needed to get used to riding these 190 BHP machines when the tyre wear goes down, and the characteristics of the bike changes.

So all in all a very productive test, and not to mention a great bit of craic (very important in my team) where everyone in the team got along brilliantly.

So here's to a successful and happy 2012.

Wish us well, and see you at the track.''

Ian

23-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Website Find Reply