SPLITLATH REDMOND READY FOR BRANDS HATCH SEASON-OPENER
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SPLITLATH REDMOND READY FOR BRANDS HATCH SEASON-OPENER
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

The Splitlath Redmond racing team is ready for action as the 2012 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship kicks-off at Brands Hatch this Easter weekend.

Comeback kid John Laverty and French teenager Florian Marino are looking forward to taking to the track on their new Aprilia RSV4 machines as the outfit enters its first BSB race under the Splitlath Redmond banner.

Following several test days over the few months, Laverty is excited about riding again. “I can’t wait to get out there and race on Easter Monday,” he said.

“Eight months ago I was in a critical condition and I always had a target to get back on a bike again as soon as I could. To now be in a position where I am actually going to be out there racing so soon, is pretty special.

“We’ve had a few tests and I like the bike. I’m comfortable with the team and everyone is 100% supportive of me and has never put me under any pressure. It’s always been about taking it at my pace and I’m just over the moon to be able to say I’m racing in the opening round at Brands Hatch. I’m feeling strong and I’m ready to go.

Marino, meanwhile, admits he is champing at the bit to get his first superbike race underway. The 18-year-old from Cannes is making both his superbike and his British debut this weekend.

“I am looking forward to racing here in BSB. It is such a strong championship and I am excited to be here and be a part of it.

“I have tested the Aprilia RSV4 at a few tracks now as I need to learn them all. I tested on the Brands Hatch Indy circuit last month in the wet so if it rains this weekend at least I know what to expect.

“I can’t wait for the weekend to begin, I am very excited about by first British Superbike race.”

Team co-owner John Dimbylow said:

“We’ve got a brand new name, a brand new team, two brand new riders and we’re ready for a brand new start here at Splitlath Redmond.

“I believe with our talented crew with Tom Larsen at the helm we will really make some incredible progress with the development of the Aprilia RSV4 this season, and John and Florian are the men who can do it.”

Fellow co-owner Derek Redmond added:

“This is incredibly exciting for all of us. After all these months of planning and hard work we’re ready to get out there as Splitlath Redmond and start our 2012 campaign. We want to surprise a few people this season. We’ve got some work still to do, but we know we’ll get there as the season progresses.”

04-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Website Find Reply