Rising Road-Racing Talent Returns to NW200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rising Road-Racing Talent Returns to NW200
[Image: nw200hdr2012.jpg]

A familiar name in UK motor sport, Martin Jessopp, will return to the North Antrim Coast this year for the 2012 Relentless International North West 200. The Somerset-based rider will race in the Superbike and Superstock races on a Ducati at this year’s event.

At the 2011 North West 200, Jessopp came third in the Tuesday night Superbike practice. He was also third fastest through the speed trap, clocking 192mph.

The 26 year old competed in the British Superbike Championship in 2011 and, this year has been competing in the World Supersport Championship on a PTR Honda.

Jessopp finished 2nd place to Michael Rutter at the 2011 Macau race in November. Jessopp made his debut at the North West 200 in 2010 but says he has his sights set on a podium finish; “I’ve enjoyed the North West 200 experience each year I’ve been but, of course, have my sights set on a trophy. I was really pleased with my qualifying time last year and am hoping to top that this year. It is a challenging course but that’s why it one of the favourites so I’m looking forward to returning on a great bike.”

Ballymoney rider Adrian Archibald will compete in all seven races this year on AMA Racing Machinery.

The 2012 Relentless International North West 200 Race Week Festival begins on Monday 14th May, with the new Vauxhall Supertwin Race and Livewire AV Superstock Race 1 taking place on Thursday 17th May. Saturday 19th May will have the five race programme: two Superbike races, two Supersport races and the Superstock race.

06-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Website Find Reply