Positive weekend for the Hardinge/Sorrymate.com Team and Jenny at Brands.
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Positive weekend for the Hardinge/Sorrymate.com Team and Jenny at Brands.
[Image: jennyt2012header.jpg]

A very positive round one weekend for the team despite an unlucky race day, with tricky conditions and the eventual cancellation of race two due to deteriorating track conditions.

Jenny qualified in 30th place for the first race on Sunday after a difficult qualifying session which saw all the riders venture out onto a half dry/half wet track. Race day was even more difficult with an extremely slippery, wet and cold track and as the riders set off for their warm up lap unfortunately Jenny fell on the approach to Graham Hill bend for no apparent reason and it was race over.

Speaking afterwards Jenny said

“It was a weird crash, I did absolutely nothing unusual, the bike just went from underneath me it was completely unexpected, the track was so slippery, I was so gutted as I was looking forward to the race. On the up side we’ve had a great weekend, I’m so pleased with how I’m getting on with the bike, our lap times are good and I’m feeling really positive for Thruxton, many people have had worse crashes than mine over the weekend and it was a wise decision by the organizers to cancel the second race. Overall we are pleased to come away with myself and the bike intact and we are looking forward to getting stuck back in at Thruxton”

[Image: jennytbrands2012.jpg]

Crew Chief Steve Bradley concluded

"we're really pleased with our progress over the weekend, we tried a few different setting with the bike and every compound of tyre available, being new to the championship we're on a learning curve and this weekend has thrown up every track condition possible and we come away from Brands with a greater understanding. We're really pleased with our pace out on track and we're really looking forward to making more progress at Thruxton next weekend"

The team now moves to Thruxton for the second round of the MCE British Superbike Championship over the weekend 13th -15th April.

11-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Website Find Reply