Edwards hails ‘great job’ from team
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Edwards hails ‘great job’ from team
[Image: forwardracinglogo.jpg]

The NGM Mobile Forward Racing team rider was the highest-placing CRT at the season-opening race in Qatar.

Colin Edwards and the NGM Mobile Forward Racing team confirmed all the good work that was done throughout the weekend at the Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar with the highest-placing finish of the new CRT machines.

Twelfth position for the American was a somewhat unexpected result, and even more satisfying for the rider, for the team and all the sponsors.

Colin Edwards:

"The start was a little bit crazy, kind of bumping and birching. Once I got out there I knew I was faster than those guys and just kind of picked them off one by one and got into a good rhythm. I had a small issue about half way, the bike made some funny noises at turn three and I think it was my fault, I flipped it in a little bit too hard and I think I confused the electronics a little bit, they didn’t know what to do. So that hurt me for a lap and then I got going again and got into a good rhythm. Then I saw Spies and I guess he had some issues - I saw him coming and decided to push harder but I run out of time. My NGM Mobile Forward Racing team is awesome, they have done a great job. The bike is just getting better and better. We still have some work to do obviously. Jerez is not going to be an easy track for us as it’s short, tight and twisty. This one (Losail) at least you have a bit of time to rest and relax."

[Image: edwardslosail2012.jpg]

Kornelis Veldeman – Crew Chief:

"We are really happy with the results, the entire team is really happy. We know we still have a lot of work ahead of us. We have still to improve the lap times and work in getting closer to the factory bikes in the next races even though at the end of the race we narrowed a bit the gap, which was surprising really. For Jerez we are aiming to make some changes that we expect will suite better the bike in terms of the setup."

11-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Website Find Reply