TYCO SUZUKI READY FOR THRUXTON BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO SUZUKI READY FOR THRUXTON BSB
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

The British Superbike Championship moves to Thruxton this weekend for round two of the series with Tyco Suzuki's Alastair Seeley and Josh Brookes hoping for better conditions following Easter Monday's postponement of the Brands Hatch BSB second race due to track contamination.

Seeley arrives at Thruxton holding down second place in the Championship and Brookes 10th on their GSX-R1000s, reflecting their opening race results of the season at Brands. With both men also posting Pole Position and morning warm-up quickest times last weekend, this bodes well for Sunday's two 20-lap BSB races around the super-fast 2.3-mile Hampshire circuit.

Alastair Seeley:

"Last weekend was tough for everyone but we come here holding down second place in the Championship. Thruxton is a totally-different animal to the Indy Circuit at Brands, but I like the high-speed nature of the track and I'm sure the new Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 package will have everything we need to be pushing at the sharp end."

Josh Brookes:

"I'm looking forward to Thruxton as it will gives us a great chance to stretch the legs of the new bike and it's more my type of circuit than Brands Indy. I've had success here before and I'm feeling confident with the package we have this year. Last week we couldn't make the most of the Pole Position time, so hopefully we can turn that around here at Thruxton and score some big points."

Conor Cummins - Superstock 1000:

"It's been a great week for me both on and off the track: I was made up with my splash round in the rain at Brands to take seventh in the Superstock 1000 race; then I made a trip to Germany mid week with Red Torpedo to see the launch of the 'TT Closer to the Edge' film. It was quite funny hearing myself talking fluent German without a Manx accent! This weekend gives me more time on my 'Stocker and I'm loving every minute of it."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It's always tough having back-to-back weekends at the start of the year and you couldn't have a bigger contrast of circuits from Easter Monday at Brands Indy to arriving here at Thruxton. As Josh explained, it gives us a chance to see what our competitors are like at a high-speed track and also give us an indication of where we are with the new GSX-R1000 Superbike. All three men were impressive in their own way last weekend; even big Conor acquitted himself admirably in the 'Stock class. With the new rules and some new machinery on the grid I'm sure the fans will be in for some great racing; here's hoping the blue and white Tyco Suzukis are up front mixing it for podiums."

13-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Website Find Reply