Lowry Cooks Up A Stunner As Hill Beats Gremlins
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowry Cooks Up A Stunner As Hill Beats Gremlins
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Ian Lowry served up the fastest lap at the high-speed Thruxton circuit as he outgunned his rivals in free practice for the second round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship but reigning champion Tommy Hill ended the day confident that his gremlins were behind him.

Former chef Lowry powered his Padgetts Honda to a stunning 111.83mph lap of the Hampshire circuit to beat Aussie Josh Brookes aboard the Tyco Suzuki. Alex Lowes riding the WFR Honda and former two times title winner Shane Byrne on the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki were in close contention as four different manufacturers were inside the top five.

Lowry, who is chasing a maiden victory in the series said: “It is only early days and we still have some improvements to make. I am well settled to riding this circuit but I know the others will be chasing us!”

Champion Hill who is fighting back after a non-point scoring opening race last weekend was fifth fastest after another difficult start to the day, losing the majority of the opening free practice session. “We had the throttle sensor go down in the morning and that cost me track time but after that we settled down and I am feeling pretty confident that here we can put the disappointment of the first round behind us.”

Michael Laverty set the sixth fastest time despite a last minute crash, but his Samsung Honda team-mate and first round winner Jon Kirkham was a further seven places back on the leaderboard as the top riders were separated by only 0.964 seconds.

14-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Website Find Reply