MSS Bathams Kawasaki look forward to Thruxton After Podium Finish at Brands
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MSS Bathams Kawasaki look forward to Thruxton After Podium Finish at Brands
[Image: mssbathamslogo.jpg]

After a podium performance at Brands Hatch, the MSS Bathams Kawasaki squad approach this weekend’s high-speed Thruxton event full of enthusiasm for a circuit they have good pedigree at.

At last year’s event the team obtained their first ever pole position at the hands of stand-in rider Alex Lowes whilst 2012 squad members Peter Hickman and Michael Rutter also had great rides. Rutter beat Shane Byrne to second at the final corner and Hickman really made the pundits sit up and pay attention as he ran at the front in both rain hit races, eventually finishing second in race two.

Rutter had an impressive debut podium placed ride for the Bathams squad at Brands Hatch and will be confident at Thruxton come rain or shine, saying, “People think I go looking for rain, not true. I’ve just had some good results in the wet but I’m also well aware how easily you can slip off! We obviously had a fantastic result at Brands and we made some dramatic changes to the bike on Sunday which worked well in those conditions and we think will even help the bike in the dry. We need to hopefully get a dry session in as early as possible at Thruxton and we’ll know where we are. My aim is to stay up in that top six ‘Title Fighters’ group as I get even more used to the bike.”

Peter Hickman impressed many with his hard riding at the Thruxton circuit last year and is looking to hit the ground running. Peter said, “I'm feeling frustrated after a tough weekend at Brands but I know we're making progress so it will come soon. I’m glad Thruxton has come straight afterwards as it has always been one of my best tracks and I always enjoy riding there. From what we have learnt from Brands I think we should be further up the front where we belong.”

MSS Bathams Kawasaki team boss Nick Morgan added, “We’re up for the challenge at Thruxton. As a team we’ve had some good results there and we believe the bike will perform there come wet or dry conditions. We’ve just spent two days on the Dyno working on more top end power which has been mostly down to fuelling changes at the top end. All the teams will be thinking about tyre life at Thruxton as its so fast and abrasive, the lack of traction control could really show up for everyone.

Michael obviously ended Brands on a bit of a high which is fantastic and we know Hicky can go well there so we need to make sure he’s happy too. In Superstock we were so positive in pre-season tests and then everything went wrong at Brands, We need to get those two guys confident again.

Back to back meetings in one week is obviously hard work for all concerned and I just want to thank again all the enthusiastic helpers who keep the show together; from the guys in the hospitality, trucks and in the pit garage, they really are the unsung heroes of BSB.”

MSS Superstock duo Leon Hunt and Sandra Stammova had a weekend to forget at Brands with a host of small crashes ruining their qualifying. Leon said, “I’m really looking forward to Thruxton. Brands started so well being third in Q1 but it got worse and didn’t end how we hoped! I’m so pleased how the Superstock side of the team has gelled, I know we have a good pace so I really want to repay all my crew with a good result at Thruxton for their hard work at Brands.”

Sandra had a torrid time at Brands Hatch being taken out in the Superstock Shootout, “I am feeling good still and very motivated even after Brands Hatch, to get the best out of Thruxton as I really like fast tracks. I will be more aggressive to keep my place because I don't like being attacked like at Brands. It will be 70 of us trying to qualify at the same time but at least we will have the same conditions... I’m looking forward to it and will try my best as always!”

14-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Website Find Reply