Linsdell back on the Roads
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Linsdell back on the Roads
[Image: olielinsdellhdr.jpg]

With just one month to go until the 2012 Isle of Man TT fuelled by Monster Energy Olie Linsdell and Team Flitwick can now confirm plans for the 2012 roads season.

With thanks to existing and new sponsorship partners and backers, Olie will line up on the grid on a multi manufacturer fleet of machines.

First outing takes him back to the International North West 200, and then onto the Isle of Man for the TT, with the Ulster GP making it a hat trick.

Olie will compete aboard a new 2012 Honda Fireblade Superstock, funded by major Sponsor Steve Bond, the competitive SMV owned Yamaha R6 Supersport machine, and an all new Flitwick developed Suzuki super twin for the lightweight class.

The team are seeing his return to TT 2012 as the final part of his recovery after his major 2010 MGP accident suffered whilst battling for the lead in the Post classic race with Michael Dunlop.

Olie’s will ride the Bond Fireblade in the Dainese Superbike, Royal London 360 Superstock and the PokerStars Senior TT races… The Honda was chosen this year with help from Clive Padgett, and promises to be an all round package to suit Olie’s return.

In the Monster Energy Isle of Man TT Supersport race, Olie starts at number 20 on the grid, and is confident of building on his 16th place finish in 2010, having missed 2011 due to injury.

[Image: ollie2bikes.jpg]

True to Linsdell tradition, Olie and Steve have used their engineering skills and burned the midnight oil developing a machine for the new lightweight race that is, shall we say, somewhat different – so watch this space! The Flitwick Motorcycles backed machine will certainly be a head turner when it starts at number 14…..

The all new lightweight class is one that Olie and the Team are really looking forward to: a nimble smaller bike in Linsdell’s hands is a force to be reckoned with. His lap record shattering lap of 111.8mph from a standing start in MGP practice 2010 aboard the 1972 500cc Twin Cylinder Paton backs this up.

The Flitwick Motorcycles racing Team welcome a new backer for 2012, in Northern Irish Company Regal Leisure ltd, who joins Wheeler Electrical with much needed help toward running costs, in what will hopefully turn into a long lasting partnership.

Linsdell explains his excitement at being back on the roads this Season

“It’s been a long recovery, but I’m back, fit, competitive, and I can’t wait for my return to the mountain course, and to spend time once more within the friendliest paddocks in the world! I am so grateful to my backers, long standing and new, without which I would not be on the grid this year at all”

Follow Olie at http://www.olielinsdellracing.com

27-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Website Find Reply