Just my opinion - Again
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Just my opinion - Again
As a long-standing TTFan I find myself commenting again on the decision to bring over two riders to the TT and forgetting such riders as Philip McCallen, Alex George, Trevor Nation etc etc....Kevin and Randy are great guys and are fine ambassadors for the sport in general but I wonder WHY they have been picked out to do the lap. I'm sorry I just cannot see the connection. Is it another MCN involvement, "I rode with Schwantz and Mamola, they thought the TT course bl**dy dangerous" article ? The fans just see two bikes go past, it could be anyone under the helmets........At the Grandstand you can't get near them for VIP people crowding round them. And its all over and a totally irrelevant set of comments appear in the weeklies. This is just my opinion and some of you will come back with abuse...but think before you do, this is not TT to me !

Just had a communication from Philip McCallen...he IS riding in the ARAI LAP ....GOOD !!!! but who else from past TTS ???
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2012, 03:59 PM by ian huntly.)
28-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Website Find Reply
pykey08 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Just my opinion - Again
its not you Ian the older ones are what tt fans like to see? how about inviting a real american tt star Pat Hennen?
30-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Thanks for your comment, but apparently the people who qualify for this Arai lap, must have used Arai helmets sometime in racing history ! Of course, but there must be few TT riders who have been proud to wear Arai AT THE TT......What dis John Long wear ? Pat Hennen and a number of others who have ridden.

If only these guys they bring over, had something POSITIVE to say about our beloved TT....I believe that they all think it is mad, dangerous and " we wouldn't be caught dead riding there" and MCN seem to add to it....which does nothing to attract riders of the future from foreign lands.

Do Arai look at there lists of TT Riders or do they pick at random ?? What does Danica Patrick wear, I'd rather see her ! LOL Or Vettel ???
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
30-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Website Find Reply
pykey08 Offline

Threads: 5
We will never know Ian but its still a mystery as to why pat hennen wasnt invited to the centenary?
30-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Find Reply
petabusa Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Just a word of support you are not the only one who thinks like this
I would prefer to see Trevor Nation giving everyone a wave a pulling a few wheelies on the Norton
I dont understand why these people are invited either
I did the 2010 parade any everyone was flocking around Cappriossi in the pits
I have nothing against him but he didnt even have the bollox to take his own bike for a lap and gave it Cameron Donald for a lap
Its no good getting these big names over if they are going to slag off the TT and those who ride it,(albeit in a joking manner!)
Just my opinion !!
02-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
Who picks up the expenses for these people to attend the the TT, I would hope it was Arai ?. Perhaps somebody that knows the answer could let us know. I have in the passed asked open questions on this forum and asked for a reply from people, but they seem very shy to answer certain questions. Why is this ??.
02-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Find Reply