WILLIAM DUNLOP RACING #6 - COOKSTOWN 100 REPORT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
WILLIAM DUNLOP RACING #6 - COOKSTOWN 100 REPORT
[Image: wdunlophdr.jpg]

Ballymoney rider William Dunlop again dominated the 125 and 250cc races at a cold Cookstown 100 on Saturday with Dunlop in a class of his own in the two-stroke class's.

A fine runner up place to Dungannons Ryan Farquhar in the Supersport 600 race on the Wilson Craig Honda was however followed up with a fourth place in the Open Superbike race and seventh place in the Cookstown 100 Superbike race in which William took out his 600cc machine in place of his Superbike, which Dunlop confessed was to much of a handful around the 2.5 mile Orritor circuit.

[Image: wdunlopcookstown2012.jpg]
Picture by Alan Armstrong

William Dunlop:

"I am happy enough with how the Cookstown went, even though is was freezing cold. The cold track made it difficult to get heat into the tyres, which as you know was part of the reason there were so many incidents. Both the 125 and the 250 bikes are working well, and I was pleased to see Paul Jordan finishing in 5th place on my 125 which he is riding for me this year. The 250cc race was kinda boring and it is sad to see the 250 class fading away. I think there were only seven finishers in the race. The time has come now for the 250's to be run along with the likes of the 400's or something just to make up a grid.

Both Wilson's bikes are really flying and I know they will be more than a match for anything come the North West 200 and the TT. The Superbike is so powerful that I just could not keep the front wheel down along the start finish straight and there was just to much power for that wee circuit. I decided to run with the 600 in the Cookstown 100 race just to try a couple of wee changes on it and I am happy with how she performed.

This weekend its Tandragee where I will just be riding in the 125 and 250cc class's before heading over to Oulton Park for the Bank Holiday British 125cc Championship race. Then its up the road to the North West 200 where I think I will have my best ever chance of a race win in the Superbike and Supersport races".

30-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Website Find Reply