William Dunlop Racing #6 -Tandragee 100 Race Report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop Racing #6 -Tandragee 100 Race Report
[Image: wdunlophdr.jpg]

William Dunlop ran out of luck in the 125 class class at Tandragee on Saturday when a broken crank left the Ballymoney rider out of luck, and a pocket, with Dunlop forced to watch the remains of the 125cc race from the side lines, leaving him in a dilemma, only hours before heading off to this weekends British 125cc Championship Race at Oulton Park.

Having just entered the 125 and 250cc races at Tandragee, William looked destined for yet another two stroke double only for the gremlins to have their say.

In the 250cc race, William took a start to finish victory over the five lap race, with the 250cc machines heading out onto the Tandragee circuit with the Supertwins 650 machines.

[Image: williamdunlopattandragee100.jpg]
William takes another win at the Tandragee 100 Meeting
Pic by Alan Armstrong

William Dunlop: "The crank has broken on the 125 Honda, and that has kinda thrown my plans up in the air for Oulton Park this weekend. Once it happened I said that was it, no trip for me to Oulton, but later we decided to go for it and that is where I am heading now. The plan is to drive to Mark Kneens in England, replace the crank which will take about two hours work, then turn around and drive to Oulton for qualifying on Sunday. I am not even sure if we can do it in the time, but we are going to give it a go.

The 250cc race was one of the worst I have ridden in on the roads as the field was I think only six starters. There was no opposition at all and I walked it in the end, which is ok for me, but their is just no competition anymore. We will see how the Bank Holiday weekend goes not at Oulton and then its all hands on deck in preparation for the North West 200 in a fortnight. This will be the most important six weeks in my season with the North West and then the TT. Whatever the situation I intend giving these two meetings all I have got".

07-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Website Find Reply