Walker sensationally wins race two at Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Walker sensationally wins race two at Oulton Park
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Chris Walker became the fifth winner in as many MCE BSB races this afternoon at Oulton Park with a sensational performance in drying conditions to take his first win since 2000 and give the Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki team a maiden victory.

Walker last won a race at Brands Hatch in 2000 and the 'Stalker' rode a controlled race to close in the advantage that Shane 'Shakey' Byrne had accumulated over the opening laps, reeling him in from the half way point to first pass Josh Brookes in second then close on his Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki rival.

Walker then shadowed Byrne after closing before making a decisive mood on the run to Lakeside with four laps remaining before storming ahead to take the win. Byrne secured second, his best result of the season so far, with Brookes completing the podium in third to move to the top of the overall standings for Tyco Suzuki.

[Image: stalkeronpodiounoulton2012.jpg]

Walker said:

"I have missed the podium that's for sure! I felt we could get a trophy this year but I certainly didn't think it would come this early in the season and be a win to start with for that matter! I genuinely have surprised myself, I knew the bike was great but it really has been a weapon today. The rules for this season have really given teams like ours the chance to be up here fighting for wins and this is a fantastic result for everyone that has worked so hard in the Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki team. It has been great that we have shown that we can not only keep up with the other riders but we can also hold our own."

Tommy Hill, the race winner from yesterday was fourth on the leading Swan Yamaha as he had an advantage over the chasing trio of Stuart Easton, Alastair Seeley and Tommy Bridewell who had battled throughout the race.

Supersonic BMW had both riders inside the top ten as Patric Muff maintained eighth after a duel with Dan Linfoot on the Buildbase BMW whilst Alex Lowes took a top ten finish despite aching from his crash yesterday. Michael Rutter and Luca Scassa gambled on intermediate tyre options with both crashing out unhurt during the race.

Michael Laverty and Noriyuki Haga finished outside the top ten in twelfth and thirteenth respectively.

07-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Website Find Reply