Unlucky weekend for the Hardinge Sorrymate.com Team at Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Unlucky weekend for the Hardinge Sorrymate.com Team at Oulton Park
[Image: jennjytnewheader2012.jpg]

After a great qualifying on Sunday which saw Jenny placed 30th on the grid for Monday's two Oulton Park races, plans for a great weekend were scuppered when a slipping clutch and subsequent engine damage manifested during morning warm up and it was weekend over for the team with a terminal engine problem.

Jenny said

“I’m really gutted this has happened, it's my own fault as I was determined to finish the race on Sunday despite the clutch slipping, I was nursing the bike home but it has still done damage to the engine and it was quickly apparent not long into this mornings warm up. I’m disappointed for everyone who came to see me at my local round, but this is racing so we will keep our chin up and move onto Snetterton. It is a long season and I’m more determined than ever so I can't wait to get the bike fixed and get back out there. Thanks to everyone who came to see me and especially my sponsors Hardinge Machine tools, Sorrymate.com and Greg and Donna from Manx Glass who came over from the Isle of Man to see us”

[Image: jennytatoulton2012.jpg]

Crew Chief Steve Bradley said afterwards

“As a team we’re completely gutted, the clutch going in Sunday's race was unlucky, but we were pleased to have finished the race and the bike seemed fine after replacing the clutch on Sunday night. We were so disappointed it had done some damage which became apparent during warm up and there was nothing we could do to repair the machine before the races. We’re still extremely pleased with progress throughout the weekend though, we’re experimenting with set up and learning all the time and we made good progress so we’re really looking forward to getting out again at Snetterton in three weeks time.

The team now looks forward to moving on to round four of the British Superbike Championship, taking place at Snetterton over the weekend of 25th-27th May with all the races shown live on Eurosport2.

09-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Website Find Reply