SWAN YAMAHA AIM FOR WINNING RETURN AT SNETTERTON 300 THIS WEEKEND
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN YAMAHA AIM FOR WINNING RETURN AT SNETTERTON 300 THIS WEEKEND
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

The Swan Yamaha team are gearing up for the fourth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Snetterton in Norfolk this weekend, as defending champion Tommy Hill bids to maintain his position at the top of the overall standings, whilst Japanese star Noriyuki Haga makes his race debut at the recently redeveloped circuit.

The 300 layout first featured on the MCE BSB calendar last year and the combination of high speed straights and slow corners is the next challenge for the Guisborough based team who scored a podium finish at the event last year with Kent ace Hill. Reigning champion Hill currently heads the overall standings by six points as he bids to maintain his position whilst Haga scored his debut podium in the championship at Oulton Park and is determined to return to the rostrum.

Hill said:

“I am really looking forward to Snetterton and so is the whole of the Swan Yamaha team. We are three rounds in to the championship now and everyone is starting to up their game, but so are we and we are ready for the weekend. Everyone will be out riding hard at Snetterton and you can never count anyone out. We want to be on the podium because we know we need to consistently be scoring podium credits and staying in that top six for the Showdown.”

Haga said:

“At Oulton Park we were on the podium so of course that is my aim for every round. I tested for the first time at Snetterton before the start of the season and since then we have been to different circuits and we have made improvements. There are many fast riders in this championship; in other championships there are almost two levels whereas BSB is closer. I will be fighting again for the Swan Yamaha team because I am here to get results.”

Team manager Shaun Muir concluded:

“It may seem like we have all had a break since Oulton Park but the team have also been at the North West 200 event with Ian Hutchinson, who impressively scored top ten results in different classes last weekend. Now we look ahead to the BSB round this weekend and Tommy’s win at the previous event has put him at the top and that is where he wants to stay. Noriyuki has already completed laps at the circuit in pre-season testing and is ready for the weekend.”

22-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Website Find Reply