FRONT ROW START FOR SWAN YAMAHA’S HILL AT SNETTERTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FRONT ROW START FOR SWAN YAMAHA’S HILL AT SNETTERTON
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

Swan Yamaha’s Tommy Hill will start from the front row of the grid ahead of tomorrow’s opening MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race at Snetterton after qualifying in third position whilst team-mate Noriyuki Haga will start from row two in sixth place.

Hill was pushing hard for the pole position but some small mistakes during the Q3 session saw him end third and just 0.034 seconds adrift of pole-sitter Josh Brookes. Haga had continued to work hard with the team to overcome the issues he was having with lack of feeling yesterday and is confident of challenging in the two races tomorrow at the Norfolk circuit.

Hill said:

“I knew it would be pretty tight out there as everyone has been so close and everyone is pushing hard. I tried to really push on in my final lap but I missed a couple of apexes and that was it, but the front row is always the aim so I am happy enough. Tomorrow will be a long, tough race and it will be a case of getting the best out of the tyres. Last year we came close to a win here but the new rules have made it a whole new game and we are confident of our pace. I am feeling good for tomorrow and aiming to get the Swan Yamaha back on the podium.”

Haga said:

“I am happier today than I was yesterday. I think yesterday was due to a combination of things but we have completely changed the suspension setting today and it has made a difference as I have a better feeling. We still have some work to do in tomorrow’s warm up because we have a chance to try something ready for the race. Every time we have been out though I have been improving my lap time and the second row is not a big problem for me and I am ready for tomorrow.”

(This post was last modified: 26-05-2012, 09:06 PM by Malcolm.)
26-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Website Find Reply