FRIENDS TRIBUTE RIDE-OUT TO MARK BUCKLEY AT TT ON TUESDAY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FRIENDS TRIBUTE RIDE-OUT TO MARK BUCKLEY AT TT ON TUESDAY
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

Friends of the late Mark Buckley have organised a tribute lap around the famous Isle of Man TT course on Tuesday, June 5 at 1pm.

Mark, of Loch Lomond, Scotland, had been due to ride for the Splitlath Redmond team in this year’s event, but tragically lost his life at the North West 200 just over two weeks ago.

On Tuesday close friends and family will pay tribute to the 35-year-old with a special ride-out around the Isle of Man TT Mountain course, where his number #66 Splitlath Redmond Aprilia RSV4 machine will be ridden by friend and mechanic Dave Hopkinson.

Mark’s wife Jayne and father Jimmy will follow in the Course Car, and they will be joined on the roads by friends, fans and any racing enthusiasts who would like to take part to pay their respect.

The ride-out has been organised to give Mark’s bike the chance to get a lap around the circuit, which close friend Dave believes will be a fitting tribute to the well-loved and respected racer.

[Image: markbuckletfrontal.jpg]

“I just want Mark’s Superbike to do a lap of the TT course, and that’s what this is all about,” he said. “It’s unfinished business.

“Mark had been given a great opportunity this year after joining a big team with a bike which he was working on around the clock to make as competitive as possible. His hard work has shone through in the performance of Mark Miller’s bike so far.

“He was so excited about the TT this year and it’s just not the same without him here. I feel at least a part of him should get the chance to ride the course, and that’s why we’re doing this.

“I will ride his Superbike as he built it with his number. Mark was a good friend who would do anything for anyone and we miss him so very much. This lap is for him.”

Dave, the Course Car, friends and members of the Splitlath Redmond team will set-off for the lap at 1pm from Pit Lane on Tuesday, June 5.

*Anyone who would like to join in is invited to meet in Pit Lane or at the Grandstand area from around 12.50pm.

04-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Website Find Reply
mrfriarofstpiran Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: FRIENDS TRIBUTE RIDE-OUT TO MARK BUCKLEY AT TT ON TUESDAY
Very fitting tribute to a wonderful TT rider and sportman loved by everyone.We pray for Jayne ,his family and many close friends at this time I sincerly hope that God has found a place for him in heaven.May God bless all at this special time
05-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Find Reply