MARTIN AND SUZUKI 5TH IN SUPERSTOCK TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARTIN AND SUZUKI 5TH IN SUPERSTOCK TT
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Fifth place in yesterday's Royal London 360 Superstock race and a best lap of 127.375mph was the tonic Tyco Suzuki's Guy Martin needed to quell the disappointment of Monday's opening encounter: the four-lap Supersport race, where he was forced to retire with a fuel pump problem at the end of lap one.

Guy Martin:

"I wasn't quite sure what the problem was or how bad it was going to be until Cameron Donald came past me in the Supersport race and I just couldn't hang onto him. The bike just wouldn't hold the revs, but that's the TT - the smallest of problems can cost you any chance of a podium.

"In the Superstock race I was in the hunt for a podium in the opening laps and had a good steady run, but we just weren't good enough today for the win. The boys did a great pit stop for me and the new rubber helped, but it just wasn't enough at the end. We get another go on Wednesday in the second Supersport race and then on Friday in the Senior so I'm still hopeful of nailing that first win."

[Image: guytt2012sstockrace.jpg]

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"We were obviously disappointed not to finish the Supersport race after such a strong first sector for Guy, but that's racing; we accept it and move on. The Superstock race was one of the closest fought in quite some time and Guy and the GSX-R1000 ran at the sharp end for the majority of the race and looked like a podium finisher. Unfortunately we faded towards the end as the leading trio set a tremendous pace.

"Fair play to the boys in Guy's pit crew who made a sweet job of the wheel change, which is a rare thing in Superstock racing these days. This really helped Guy put in a strong last lap to almost snatch fourth. The best we could manage was fifth, which is a little disappointing. It's not been a perfect TT for us so far but we will keep working towards Friday's Blue Riband Senior TT race and are hopeful that Conor Cummins will be back to join Guy on the start line."

Royal London 360 Superstock Race:

1: John McGuinness [Honda] 1hour 11:29.65
2: Michael Dunlop [Kawasaki] 1:11.37.45
3: Ryan Farquhar [Kawasaki] 1:11.42.41
4: Bruce Anstey [Honda] 1:12.05.98
5: Guy Martin [Tyco Suzuki] 1:12.06.85
6: James Hillier [Kawasaki] 1:12.11.09

Race Schedule Wednesday, June 6:

10.45am - SES TT Zero Challenge
1pm - Monster Energy Supersport TT Race 2
3.15pm - Sure Sidecar TT Race 2
Senior Qualifying