Sensational Top Ten For Cooper
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sensational Top Ten For Cooper
[Image: centurionhdr.jpg]

Dan Cooper scored his best ever TT result today when he took a brilliant tenth place in the second Monster Energy Supersport race. Riding the Centurion Racing Triumph Daytona, the Stroud-based rider held ninth in the early stages and a brilliant final lap of 121.674mph secured his tenth place finish. It also gained him his first ever silver replica and moved him up to second overall in the Privateer's Championship.

Originally due to start at 10.45am, bad weather caused the schedule to be continually rearranged and the four lap Monster Energy Supersport race eventually got underway at 6.25pm. Starting again from the 21st starting position, Dan's intentions could be seen when he swept through Glen Helen, nine miles into the first lap, in a strong ninth place.

He maintained the position all the way round the lap and a speed of 120.692mph placed him just over four seconds behind multiple TT race winner Ian Hutchinson.

Dan went quicker still on the second lap at 120.805mph, but he got pushed back to tenth by experienced TT racer Dan Stewart and then slipped back to 11th when he lost time at the pit stop due to a slight problem with the filler cap. Going into the final lap just over three seconds behind Roy Richardson, Dan put in his best ever lap in the Supersport class at 121.674mph to get the better of the Yamaha rider and move up to tenth. The result also moved him into second overall in the Privateer's Championship.

Dan Cooper:

"I had a good first lap and that was what essentially put the marker down. When I got my first board it said 'P9' so I knew I was going well and with a good first lap, I was able to maintain that position. A good first lap is key to a good result here so I kept plugging away and whilst I lost a bit of time at the pit stop, it wasn't much. I was really happy with the bike, we'd got it working really well and it was flying so I was delighted with my final lap. I'm well pleased with the result. We can now have a rest and get ready for the final six laps on Friday. The bike's ready to go so I'm really looking forward to it."

[Image: tt2012dancooperssport2.jpg]

Paul Rees:

"Truly, truly awesome. Dan rode the backside off the bike and although we lost a small amount of time at the pit stop, dropping Dan back to 11th, he put in a brilliant final lap to deservedly claim a top ten position which we're absolutely ecstatic about. We could see that Dan was gaining time on the final lap and his pace from the Bungalow to the finish line was what essentially gave him and the team a first ever top ten place. His final lap was superb and we're all absolutely delighted."

Dan now has one race remaining with the six lap PokerStars Senior race due to take place at 1.30pm on Friday.

As in 2011, Centurion Racing will continue to show their support for Help for Heroes, their chosen charity, by displaying H4H logos on the bikes and team attire. Team Principal Paul Rees, who spent 20 years in Her Majesty's Royal Marine Commandos, was given permission to have the bikes carry the H4H logos in order to encourage the public to be more aware of this charity that supports our Armed Forces, many of whom are making daily sacrifices in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Centurion Racing would specially like to thank Arai, FTR, GPR Racewear, Dunlop, Rage Designs, RichArt, R2 Logo Print & Embroidery, Akrapovic, Daytona, and all our friends and followers.

07-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Website Find Reply