Scotland Set For Biggest Motorsport Event as British Superbikes Hit Knockhill
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Scotland Set For Biggest Motorsport Event as British Superbikes Hit Knockhill
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

The breathtaking MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship storms in to Fife this weekend (23/24 June) for Scotland’s biggest motorsport event as some of the world’s leading riders go head-to-head for victory at the 1.27-mile circuit.

New technical regulations were introduced this season to level the competition as electronic aids such as traction control have been removed and the emphasis is now back on the riders. These changes have paid off as the opening eight races of the season have produced seven different race winners and four different manufactures have already featured on the podium (Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and Kawasaki).

Australia’s Josh Brookes leads the overall standings by just a single point from defending champion Tommy Hill on the Swan Yamaha, but Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne, Michael Laverty and Ian Lowry are all previous race winners and are closing in fast.

In the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship, the leading support race to the MCE BSB, Taylor Mackenzie will be targeting his best result as he aims to impress the home fans. The son of three times BSB champion Niall lines up for Mar-Train Yamaha and is hoping that he secure a points scoring finish at Knockhill.

Mackenzie said:

“Knockhill is a track I know well and this year will be my first race there on the Supersport bike but because of it being a short, punchy track it should make it easier. I want to score points as I haven’t yet this season; I think we would have at Snetterton but all I left there with was bruises from a crash. There is always a good support for me back home and even dad still has some fans! I knew this season would be tough and we just need to keep improving.”

The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship event kicks off with free practice on Friday (22 June) with qualifying and race day taking place on Saturday and Sunday (23 and 24 respectively).

20-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Website Find Reply