TYCO SUZUKI FIRED-UP FOR KNOCKHILL BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO SUZUKI FIRED-UP FOR KNOCKHILL BSB
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

After a four-week break, Tyco Suzuki British Superbike riders Josh Brookes and Alastair Seeley are fired-up and ready to get back to 'work' this coming weekend for round five of the BSB series at Knockhill in Scotland.

Australian Brookes left the previous round at Snetterton 300 as series leader and with a bit of sailing experience now under his belt - following an adventurous trip to the Isle of Man TT earlier this month - the Tyco Suzuki rider is ready for whatever challenges the inclement weather has to offer in Fife.

Josh Brookes:

"The weather conditions don't really bother me either way so there's no point being negative about them. I just feel sorry for the organisers at Knockhill; who put all the effort in and continually have to deal with the problems. On track it's the same for everyone. My preparation hasn't changed for this round and our goal, as always, is to keep making progress with the new GSX-R1000 and move forward all the time.

"I may be ahead in points at the top of the table, but in my head I'm not leading the Championship; that goes to Tommy Hill on corrected points with the podium credits taken into consideration. At this stage, as I say, we just have to keep moving forward and be consistent with podium finishes, but I still need to up my game and get some more wins - although I'm happy how it's going so far."

Team-mate Alastair Seeley topped the early timesheets at Snetterton, but a high-speed crash dented his confidence and the weekend didn't return the haul of points he was expecting. Now, well rested, the 'Wee Wizard' is looking for some of the form that gave him top steps at Knockhill in previous years.

Alastair Seeley:

"After a poor performance at Snetterton I'm really looking to bounce back this weekend. I took a week's holiday in Majorca to think things through and re-load for the rest of the season. I also bought myself a new mountain bike during the break to get some additional training outdoors; adding that to my road riding, running and motocrossing. It could be wet at Knockhill this weekend - which would suit me nicely - but I'd prefer to get podium results in the dry and move forward with my dry set-up for the rest of the year."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"While the rest of the team has been busy with the Isle of Man TT, British Motocross and workshop preparation, both Josh and Alastair should be well rested coming into Knockhill. We had contrasting fortunes at Snetterton with Josh ending the weekend as Championship leader and Alastair not taking what he maybe expected from the meeting after his crash. Solid points and podium credits are still the most important thing for Josh this weekend, with Alastair needing to rediscover the confidence that we know will have him back challenging at the sharp end of the results."

23-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Website Find Reply