SOLID SCORE FOR BROOKES AT KNOCKHILL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SOLID SCORE FOR BROOKES AT KNOCKHILL
[Image: suzukiplainhdr.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki's Josh Brookes raced to two fourth-placed finishes at a dry round five of the British Superbike Championship at Knockhill in Scotland at the weekend and is now third in the Championship standings - just nine points off top spot.

His GSX-R1000 team-mate Alastair Seeley also doubled up with two seventh-placed finishes and climbs to the same position in the Championship table and is now just 10 points outside the magical top six.

Josh Brookes:

"I was disappointed not to be in the battle for the podium in race one and having to watch the guys in front pulling away, as when you feel like you are giving it everything; it's not a nice feeling as a rider. The crash in morning warm-up probably didn't do my confidence much good. The second race was different but also frustrating as I couldn't just bridge that gap to the podium positions. We're still well in there in the Championship and have two weeks to prepare now for Oulton Park."

Alastair Seeley:

"I'm a lot happier with the way things went this weekend, and although I want to be higher up fighting for podiums, seventh place today helped me edge closer to the top six. It's nice to be passing people again on the big Suzuki but I need to go away and practice my starts. There's no point qualifying well then throwing all the hard work away in the first lap of races. I can look forward to Oulton now knowing we are back in with a shout of challenging."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It was one of those weekends that promised a little more than we actually got. Both riders were very strong in the wet, which we expected, but with race day being dry we probably lacked a bit of pace. Josh probably didn't have the perfect start with a crash in morning warm up, but we scored solid results and it keeps the Championship hopes well on track. From here we will look to moving on to the more flowing circuits, which suit us a little better."

BSB Race 1:

1 Shane Byrne [Kawasaki] 24:48.730
2 Tommy Hill [Yamaha] +1.199
3 Michael Laverty [Honda] +1.551
4 Josh Brookes [Tyco Suzuki] +8.494
5 Tommy Bridewell [BMW] +10.160
6 Nori Haga [Yamaha] +10.211
7 Alastair Seeley [Tyco Suzuki] +11.085

BSB Race 2:

1 Michael Laverty [Honda] 24:42.773
2 Shane Byrne [Kawasaki] +0.765
3 Tommy Hill [Yamaha] +3.091