JACOBSEN JOINS TYCO SUZUKI AT OULTON BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JACOBSEN JOINS TYCO SUZUKI AT OULTON BSB
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki's Josh Brookes and Alastair Seeley will be joined by American PJ Jacobsen at this weekend's Oulton Park British Superbike Championship sixth round aboard the GSX-R1000 in a one-off ride in the Superstock class.

Jacobsen arrived in the UK just a fortnight ago, but after being let down on another ride, Tyco Suzuki Team Manager Philip Neill stepped in to offer him an impromptu test at Kirkistown on Tuesday. And, after a successful outing, the whole deal gathered momentum overnight, with the 18-year-old New-Yorker being given the opportunity to ride for the Northern Ireland-based team.

PJ Jacobsen:

"I'd like to thank the Tyco Suzuki team for saving my weekend after making the trip from America. I tested the team's GSX-R1000 Superstock bike at Kirkistown in less than perfect conditions, but was very pleased to get down to 56-second lap times. This will be my first visit to Oulton and although I can't expect too much, getting into the points would be a bonus."

In the Superbike class, both Brookes and Seeley will be looking to get back into the thick of the podium action: Brookes to further his podium credits tally; and Seeley to climb into the all-important top six.

Josh Brookes:

"I'm looking forward to the three-race programme at Oulton as it always adds a bit of excitement. I've had some good battles there in the past and also earlier in the season. I haven't won at Oulton before so that's a good incentive, but then I'll be looking for wins at all the tracks from here on in."

Alastair Seeley:

"It's all been positive for me since our last outing at Knockhill. We've tested at Kirkistown and ironed a few things out, so I'm in good shape and also in a good frame of mind coming into Oulton. My consistency at Knockhill has got me within striking distance of the top six, so hopefully when we come out of this triple-header I'll be in there with Josh and the boys."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It's nice to be able to help PJ out after he explained he'd been let down with another ride. It certainly wasn't planned, but as he was staying locally with a friend of the team, it wasn't a difficult decision to make. I had spoken to him earlier in the year about a potential Superstock package for this season, but it was a bit late in the day, although I'm sure he'll enjoy his Oulton experience.

"In BSB we're obviously looking to continue our consistent run of form with Josh Brookes and pick up on the information we derived from our first visit to Oulton earlier in the season. Those improvements will hopefully see Josh fighting inside the top three all weekend.

"Alastair showed a return to form at Knockhill and was unlucky not to qualify further up the grid, but he rode well and it helped his championship chase. Oulton should be a stronger circuit for him, which should see him challenging his way into the top six."

05-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Website Find Reply