POSITIVE START FOR SWAN YAMAHA AT OULTON PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
POSITIVE START FOR SWAN YAMAHA AT OULTON PARK
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

The Swan Yamaha team got the sixth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship underway at Oulton Park today as Tommy Hill and Noriyuki Haga ended the opening two free practice sessions in sixth and eleventh respectively.

Hill had got the weekend off to an impressive start by topping the times in the opening session whilst Haga continued to get to grips with the wet conditions. The pairing are now eager to continue their podium finishing form at the Cheshire circuit in the opening race of the weekend tomorrow (Saturday).

Hill said:

“It wasn’t a bad day; obviously the first session was better than the second as we were fastest in that one, but it is only free practice and I am fairly happy with how we ended the day. It did look like it might brighten up but hopefully that is coming tomorrow! I have been working on the feeling of the front brake as I need to be able to feel more comfortable to push a bit harder. At the sharp end every little bit makes a difference and tomorrow we need to be ready for qualifying and the first race.”

Haga said:

“This track I know from earlier in the season so already I have more experience than before, even though the conditions were very wet today. We can start with what we know from May and we know where we need to improve. In the second session I ran onto the grass and after that I was not pushing too hard as I didn’t want to make another stupid mistake because it is only free practice! We will find a way tomorrow as we have some ideas on what we need to improve; we have three races this weekend and we need to get three good results for the championship.”

06-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Website Find Reply