Hat trick for Hill as Brookes snatches third
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hat trick for Hill as Brookes snatches third
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Swan Yamaha's Tommy Hill celebrated his first triple win in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship by claiming the final race victory of the weekend at Oulton Park ahead of Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and Josh Brookes, who snatched third from Noriyuki Haga on the last corner.

Hill took the lead into Old Hall for the first time ahead of Michael Laverty and Josh Brookes, with the Tyco Suzuki rider moving second on the opening lap at Shell with a move up the inside, before he snatched the lead a lap later at Lodge to pass Hill. The championship leader didn't wait long to make an attack to reclaim the lead, pushing ahead of Brookes a lap later into Old Hall.

The Tyco Suzuki rider was pushing hard but a big moment a lap later dropped him to sixth when he saved a huge high-side on the exit of Brittens and he then had to claw his way back up the order. He moved back up to fifth with a move at Lodge on Alex Lowes and then a lap later edged ahead of Laverty at Hilltop.

Haga had settled into second ahead of Byrne and Brookes but he was coming under pressure from the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki rider who made a pass on the twelfth lap, before the Swan Yamaha rider tried to take the position back. Byrne was holding second as Haga came under fire from Brookes who had recovered and closed down on the pair. The Australian left it until the final lap to make a move on Haga at Lodge to stay ahead on the drag to the line to claim his third podium finish of the weekend.

Laverty held fifth for Samsung Honda whilst Lowes again took a top six finish for WFR Honda. Ian Lowry won his battle with Tommy Bridewell for seventh place with James Westmoreland and Graeme Gowland completing the top ten.

Hill said:

"It was fantastic to win all three races here as not many riders can say they have done the triple. I think I had a target on my back and the other guys were aiming for it, but that pushed me all the way again. I am happy that we can come into my home round at Brands Hatch with the momentum from this weekend and hopefully we can do it again for Swan Yamaha."

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, race three result:

Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha)
Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +1.135s
Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +1.483s
Noriyuki Haga (Swan Yamaha) +1.619s
Michael Laverty (Samsung Honda) +3.298s
Alex Lowes (WFR Honda) +7.093s
Ian Lowry (Padgetts Honda) +9.965s
Tommy Bridewell (Supersonic BMW) +10.298s
James Westmoreland (WFR Honda) +10.864s
Graeme Gowland (WFR Honda) +11.191s

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings after Oulton Park: