Trayler Continues Progress At Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Trayler Continues Progress At Oulton Park
[Image: motodexlogo.jpg]

Jesse Trayler and the MotoDex Performance First team took their third successive finish in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000cc Championship on Sunday with a solid 22nd place.

Competing at the Oulton Park circuit in Cheshire, the Dunmow, Essex rider found the going tough during qualifying and found himself back in 33rd place and on the ninth row of the grid. With plenty of work to do, it looked like it would be a tough race for the youngster but a brilliant start saw him leap up the order.

Having moved forward half a dozen places on the first lap alone, Jesse continued to advance through the pack and was up to 24th when the safety car came out on lap seven due to an incident which required the safety bales to be rearranged. Racing resumed two laps later but no sooner had it done so than the race was stopped and the result was declared with Trayler in 22nd place.

Given his starting position, it was another fine ride as he continues to get to grips with the 1000cc machine and is hoping to continue the progress at Brands Hatch in two weeks time

Jesse Trayler:

"I'm a bit disappointed as I really wanted to thank the team by bringing home a big bag of points this weekend. I got off the line like a rocket but by the time I'd got to the front of the pack I was in, the leading pack had pulled away by a massive amount and there was no chance to catch them in time. When the Safety Car came out and bunched us back up again I was all fired up as it was going to give me a second stab at it, I was picking them off but then the red flag came out and that was it for me."

Tony Dexter, Team Owner:

"I knew we'd be on the back foot for this race as the rest had already competed here and they would have accurate data straight out of the box so with Friday practice held in torrential rain we had little opportunity to give Jesse the bike he needed for the race. We acquired some data from another team which we used for Q1 only to find with their gearing we could only pull four gears meaning we gave Jesse an awful lot of work to do and yet again he delighted me with his outstanding race craft and utter gutsy determination. We just didn't have the time to give him the proper weapon to do the job but he rode the wheels off the bike and I can't ever ask for more than that. Points mean nothing to me at this stage and yet again I was delighted with Jesse's professional approach to the whole weekend. The whole team is heading to Brands Hatch with our heads held high as we know we are now in sight of getting a lot further up the field very quickly."

Metzeler National Superstock 1000cc Championship (9 laps)

1 David Johnson (BMW)
2 Victor Cox (Kawasaki)
3 Keith Farmer (Kawasaki)
4 Jason O'Halloran (Honda)
5 Howie Mainwaring (BMW)
6. Steve Brogan (BMW)
22 Jesse Trayler (MotoDex Suzuki)

Championship standings (after 8 rounds)

1 Farmer 111pts
2 O'Halloran 105
3 Storrar 98
4 Brogan 90