TRIPLE PODIUM FOR BROOKES AT OULTON BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TRIPLE PODIUM FOR BROOKES AT OULTON BSB
[Image: suzukiplainhdr.jpg]

Josh Brookes took three podiums for his weekend efforts at round six of the British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park and maintains second place in the standings as the series moves to Brands Hatch in a fortnight's time.

The Australian backed-up his second place in Saturday's opener with another second rung on the podium in race two on Sunday; followed-up with third place in the final encounter after a miraculous high-side save, breaking his screen and denting his tank as he fought to stay in control of his Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000.

Josh Brookes:

"I got quicker as the weekend went on. I was never out of the top three and better than the last time we were at Oulton. In that last race I tried everything I knew to stay with Tommy as I knew if he got away there would be no pulling him back, but I came out of the chicane and high-sided. I had my hands off the bars and feet flapping and I literally fell back onto the bike. I just worked my way back up through the pack then. I gave it everything to stay with Haga and Shakey after that. I think Nori possibly went to sleep a little on the last lap, maybe settling for third, but he didn't cover the line into Lodge and I was able to get in and take my third podium."

Alastair Seeley had another tough weekend starting with a retirement in Saturday's opener when his back brake locked solid whilst challenging in the top six. In Sunday's two races the Carrickfergus man took 11 points in eighth and 13th positions.

Alastair Seeley:

"I was disappointed on Saturday with the brake problem as I was riding strong. In the second race I picked them off to go sixth then towards the end the bike was moving around and sliding a bit and I dropped to eighth. In the third race I got beat up on the first lap and dropped off the group and to be honest the set-up changes we made didn't help. We need to regroup and give it another go at Brands."

18-year-old New Yorker PJ Jacobsen impressed on his National 1000cc Superstock debut with a strong seventh place from his fourth row grid position on the Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000. He was in a six rider train all challenging for the minor podium positions when the race was red flagged at two-thirds distance, but gained huge respect from his rivals and the large contingent of Tyco Suzuki guests and staff at Oulton Park.

PJ Jacobsen:

"That's the craziest track I've ever ridden with blind corners that you really need to be on the gas with if you want to be putting in the lap times. I got caught out by the safety car going in, as I've never raced in that situation before, but I loved the experience riding the Tyco Suzuki and I'd like to thank Philip and the boys for the opportunity. Hopefully we can do it again."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"That was a positive weekend all round. Josh continued what is turning into a superb season, increasing his podium tally to nine. It's important to keep adding podium credits if you want to be a championship contender and Josh has more than confirmed he will be just that.

"Alastair had a strong qualifying and some steady results, but unfortunately what looked like being his best result on Saturday was spoiled by a rear brake problem, which was not his fault but these things can happen at times in racing. Reaching the all-important top six is a big task now but I still believe Alastair can do it with some good tracks coming up for him.

"PJ has impressed us this weekend both on and off the track. To jump on a bike he had never ridden before, on one of the most difficult BSB tracks in the series for the very first time and finish seventh, is testimony to the lad's ability on a motorcycle. Obviously this was a one-off ride but we would relish the chance to work with him again should the opportunity arise."

Oulton Park, race two result:

1. Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha)
2. Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +3.383s
3. Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +6.141s
4. Michael Laverty (Samsung Honda) +6.262s
5. Noriyuki Haga (Swan Yamaha) +6.552s
6. Ian Lowry (Padgetts Honda) +11.761s
7. Tommy Bridewell (Supersonic BMW) +12.442s
8. Alastair Seeley (Tyco Suzuki) +13.268s
9. Alex Lowes (WFR Honda) +13.305s
10. Graeme Gowland (WFR Honda) +15.015s

Oulton Park, race three result: