O’Halloran to Join Honda TT Legends for Suzuka 8-hour
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
O’Halloran to Join Honda TT Legends for Suzuka 8-hour
[Image: hondalegendslogo.jpg]

As the Honda TT Legends team heads to Oschersleben in Germany for a two-day test this week, the rider line-up for the forthcoming Suzuka 8-hour race has been confirmed with John McGuinness, Cameron Donald and Jason O’Halloran making up a three-man squad.

Regular Honda TT Legends rider Simon Andrews was due to compete in the legendary race, however he is still suffering from injuries sustained during a crash at the Isle of Man TT and will be unable to take part. Samsung Honda British Superstock rider Jason O’Halloran has been drafted in to replace him.

O’Halloran put in an impressive performance as a stand-in rider for the Honda TT Legends at the 8-hours of Doha in June, helping the team achieve its first-ever podium finish in the Endurance World Championship. The Australian rider has all-important experience at the Suzuka circuit, having completed the eight-hour race in fifth position in 2008.

Neil Tuxworth – team manager

The Suzuka 8-hour is an incredibly tough event in difficult conditions so Jason’s experience of both the track and the race itself is invaluable. He did a great job for the team in Qatar and quickly got to grips with the TT Legends Fireblade, so we hope he will be a strong addition to the line-up in Japan.

Jason O’Halloran

It was a such an honour to race for the Honda TT Legends at Qatar so I’m excited and flattered to be asked to join the team in Japan. It’s a really slick crew and the Qatar race went so smoothly with no real drama – I hope we can do the same again. I did the Suzuka 8-hour in 2008 and really enjoyed the experience so I’m definitely looking forward to doing it for a second time. It’s such an iconic event and to compete there with Honda will be fantastic.

Following a sixth place at the Bol d’Or 24-hour and a third in Qatar, the Honda TT Legends are currently second in the EWC championship with the Suzuka 8-hour next on the calendar on Sunday 29 July. This week’s test in Germany will provide a chance for the team to get to grips with the Oschersleben circuit ahead of the penultimate round in August. The Le Mans 24-hour will complete the season in September.

10-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Website Find Reply