Triple Header at Oulton Park Tamed by Tinmouth
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Triple Header at Oulton Park Tamed by Tinmouth
[Image: jennjytnewheader2012.jpg]

After the bike issues with the last visit to the home round everyone was nervous coming back to Oulton Park. Especially with the Friday weather for practice where even the ducks stayed home due to the amount of rain that fell. However Jenny battled, or should that say swam, well and as the weather improved so did the lap times and although qualifying was 31st for the first race she completed her fastest lap near the end of the race and finished in 20th place.

Race 2 promised more of the same where Jenny came into her own and improved her fastest lap time of the weekend by over a second.

With a much improved grid position for the final race more of the same was expected but the reoccurance of an old shoulder injury made the going tough and rather than cause any further damage to the shoulder, or risk an accident on the bike, Jenny made the wise decision of retiring from the race.

Rider Jenny Tinmouth said:

"I am chuffed to bits with this weekend, I felt so good on the bike and it is really feeling like it is my bike now. My lap times in the first race were around the 1.42/1.43's but in the second race they were down to the 1.41's and even in the 1.40's. It was a shame about the final race but it shows I have learnt how far I can push things and it was the right decision to retire from the race. I have a weekend off now where I can have some more treatment on my shoulder and will make sure I am 100% fit for the next round at another of my favorite tracks, Brands Hatch. I would finally like to thank everyone for supporting me at my home round and it was also great to see my main sponsors Hardinge Machine Tools and Sorrymate.com at the track as well as Manx Glass."

Crew Chief Steve Bradley said:

"This weekend was a major breakthrough for us as a team, with all the different things we have been trying with the bike, Jen is now looking comfortable on it and this is showing in the lap times. We are having to make fewer adjustments now as we learn more about the bike and rider compatibility and we are really looking forward to continuing this at Brands."

The next round is at Brands Hatch on the weekend of 20th-22nd July, races will be covered on British Eurosport

11-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Website Find Reply