Peter Hickman Signs for Buildbase BMW Motorrad
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Peter Hickman Signs for Buildbase BMW Motorrad
[Image: buildbasehdr.jpg]

The Buildbase BMW Motorrad team is pleased to announce that Peter Hickman has signed for the second half of the season and will race at the remaining six rounds of the 2012 British Superbike Championship.

Peter joined the team at Knockhill in June, filling in for an injured Dan Linfoot. Despite having very little time to acclimatise to the S 1000 RR race bike, Hickman very quickly got to grips with the BMW and has since delivered a top-ten finish at Oulton Park.

Dan Linfoot, currently resting and recuperating from a hand injury, has chosen to pursue a ride in the World Supersport Championship. The team wish Dan the very best of luck in his new venture and thank him for all his hard work

Peter Hickman, born in 1987, is from Louth in Lincolnshire and has been racing since he was 13 years old. Peter has a wealth of experience in many national-level championships, including winning the National Superstock Cup in 2004, and his best race result in BSB so far was second place.

Peter Hickman said:

“I’m very pleased to be on board with the Buildbase BMW Motorrad team for the 2012 season. Despite having had only a short amount of time to get used to the BMW S 1000 RR superbike, I’m very impressed. It’s the fastest bike I have ever ridden, and it does everything I ask of it. With a little more time to find my own optimum setup, I’m confident we can go on to great things. To have taken the team’s best qualifying and best result on my second race weekend is a great start, and one which I’m certain we can build on as we move into the second six rounds of the Championship.”

Stuart Hicken, team principal, said:

“The team are all very pleased that Peter is able to join us full time. He has done a fantastic job filling in while Dan has been injured and we’re now able to reward that with a ride for the rest of the season. Peter has shown enormous promise in a very short space of time. With six rounds still to play for, we have a great opportunity to push the development of our S 1000 RR race bikes forwards and aim for even better results. We’d also like to wish Dan Linfoot every success in the future; we have very much enjoyed working with him this season.”

The Buildbase BMW Motorrad team will next be taking to the track at the Brands Hatch GP round on 20-22 July.

12-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Website Find Reply