HILL AND HAGA GEARING UP FOR BRANDS HATCH RETURN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HILL AND HAGA GEARING UP FOR BRANDS HATCH RETURN
[Image: swanyamahahdr2012.jpg]

The Swan Yamaha team return to Brands Hatch for the seventh round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship this weekend as Tommy Hill and Noriyuki Haga set their sights on victory at the Kent circuit’s 2.3-mile Grand Prix configuration.

Hill arrives at his home round of the championship leading the overall standings courtesy of his triple win at Oulton Park as he aims to maintain his winning momentum. Hill returns to domestic action following his recent test with the Monster Energy Yamaha YART team in Japan ahead of the prestigious Eight Hour race later this month.

Team-mate Haga returns to the Kent circuit where he has previously celebrated five wins and a further six podium finishes in the World Superbike Championship. The ‘Samurai of Slide’ moved up to sixth in the overall standings following the previous round and is ready to fight to maintain the position ahead of the Showdown.

Hill said:

“I treat every round the same, but the last time I raced on the Grand Prix circuit was when we won the title so I have some really good memories. I think we have seen from the rounds before how strong the competition is so you cannot rule anybody out. Three wins at the last round was good but we still need to stay ahead of the game and we saw last year that one point can make the difference between winning the championship so I will be pushing 110% for wins for myself and Swan Yamaha.”

Haga said:

"Brands Hatch is one of my favourite tracks and we have now found something with the setting that felt much better at Oulton Park. The team have been working with that to prepare something for the race this weekend and I have good experience of this track. I know Tommy will be fast, so we need to work hard again because we want podiums and it was unfortunate that we didn't get one at Oulton Park. We did get some good points and now we are in the top six; this is important but of course now we need to stay, so we will try and fight for podiums at Brands Hatch."

In the Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship the team will line up with both Michael Robertson and Wesley Pearce for this event.

16-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Website Find Reply