Recent Testing Action Set To Aid Sykes And Baz At Brno
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Recent Testing Action Set To Aid Sykes And Baz At Brno
[Image: kawasakiwsbhdr.jpg]

Kawasaki Racing Team riders Tom Sykes and Loris Baz have not been short of track time recently, having tested at Motorland Aragon last week in preparation for Brno, the ninth round of the season.

Currently Tom sits fifth in the overall Superbike World Championship fight having already won a race on his official Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R machine, at Monza in round four. Tom has scored six podiums in 2012 already, but is hungry for more to try and get himself back up to the top three overall championship placing he has enjoyed for most of the year.

Young French rider Loris Baz joined the KRT set up mid-season to replace the seriously injured team regular Joan Lascorz and since his introduction he has scored well in most races, with two eighth places his highest individual race results so far. Loris is 19th in the rankings at present.

Both Tom and Loris rejoined the team at Motorland Aragon for a two-day test last week, to help in their preparations for the Brno round this coming weekend. There are numerous similarities between the Spanish circuit and the Czech one, not least the changes of elevation and mix of broad, flowing corners. Long chicanes at Brno always provide opportunities for overtaking, while the steep drag uphill to the final chicane is a real test of engine power.

The Kawasaki Team Pedercini Superbike boys – David Salom and Leandro Mercado - are expected to be all ready to go when they head to Brno, each looking for more points scoring opportunities on their supported Ninja ZX-10R machinery.

In the Superstock 1000 FIM Cup class Bryan Staring (Kawasaki Team Pedercini) is looking for another win to follow on from his first victory at Motorland Aragon last time out. Jeremy Guarnoni (MRS Kawasaki) was a podium finisher last time out, in second, so he will be looking for more of the same form in the Czech Republic.

Tom Sykes:

“It was a good two day test for us last week and we certainly found out a bit of information that we will see how that goes for us in Brno. We tested at Aragon again and we have done some amount of laps round there in the past few weeks! Brno next and it is an awesome circuit, one that I really love. The layout is great for the riders and it is a well thought-out circuit. It has a fantastic atmosphere and hopefully now the Ninja ZX-10R has will have an even better feel with the front end and I am a bit more excited to go there after our successful test. I cannot wait for Friday morning free practice.”

Loris Baz:

“We tested at Aragon again recently and it is becoming like a second home now. We had good weather for two days and we tried a lot of things, and found some more improvements, so it was good to do. We worked a lot in hot conditions and we improved out pace compared to the race. So I think we made another little step, but we will see in Brno. It is a nice track for me and I like it. It should be good because some parts of Aragon are quite like parts of Brno so we have tried a few things to suit the Czech circuit.”

17-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Website Find Reply