Crutchlow and Dovizioso satisfied with Mugello test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Crutchlow and Dovizioso satisfied with Mugello test
[Image: tech3hdr.jpg]

Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team riders Cal Crutchlow and Andrea Dovizioso completed a positive test session at the Mugello circuit in Italy yesterday.

Crutchlow concentrated on improving his feeling with a full fuel tank to help him be faster in the early stages of races in the second half of the 2012 MotoGP World Championship. The British rider also experimented with different geometry settings and he was satisfied with progress made having set the fifth quickest time of the day.

Dovizioso spent his time on track experimenting with different geometry settings and also working on adapting his riding style to improve his mid-corner speed on the YZR-M1 machine.

Cal Crutchlow

“I am feeling pretty tired now because it has been a hectic period in the Championship and yesterday it was very hot. But it was a good test and it gave me the chance to work on the bike for the beginning of the race. Each time I went out I had a full fuel tank and we definitely made some progress. I can still improve but I will be going to Laguna Seca confident that I will be faster in the first part of the race. This season I have been really strong as the race has gone on, so we need to work on improving my speed right from the off. We worked on a few different settings and it was interesting to understand how they affected the bike and that will give us some options in the second part of the season."

Andrea Dovizioso

“We just concentrated on trying modifications to the set-up that we don't normally have time to experiment with on a race weekend. We changed the geometry of the bike to help me understand some different options for the future and we definitely improved the bike from yesterday's race. We made the bike better on the front-end to help enter the corner better and the good thing is the changes we made should help at the next race in Laguna Seca. I also worked a little on my riding style with the YZR-M1 and now I am even more confident for Laguna Seca where I'm sure I can be battling for another podium.”

17-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Website Find Reply