Shakey aiming to be the home hero at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey aiming to be the home hero at Brands Hatch
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Double champion Shane 'Shakey' Byrne admits he won't be happy to settle for anything less than two victories at Brands Hatch this weekend (20/21/22 July) as the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki rider aims for his first double win of the season as the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship returns to the Grand Prix circuit.

Shakey lies third in the overall standings, one point adrift of Aussie Josh Brookes as the championship rolls into Kent this weekend and after three podium finishes last time out in Cheshire he admits both him and the team are feeling even more motivated to succeed at his home circuit.

Shakey said:

"Brands Hatch is my home track and both myself and the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team went away from Oulton Park ready to make improvements for this weekend. We are one hundred percent revving now for this event and we are all more motivated to have a good pair of races.

"I have been training really hard and the team have made some improvements that mean we should see an even better version of the bike at Brands Hatch. This really excites me as I love the Grand Prix circuit and even if someone said to me I could ride the paddock scooter around the track I would be down there like a flash so to ride our hopefully improved Superbike is going to be great! I hope that we get some good weather, a massive crowd and hopefully we can have two wins too for the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team - not that I am greedy!"

(This post was last modified: 17-07-2012, 01:05 PM by Malcolm.)
17-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Website Find Reply