Seeley: I haven’t given up on the Showdown yet
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley: I haven’t given up on the Showdown yet
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Alastair Seeley currently lies 24 points adrift of sixth placed Noriyuki Haga in the overall standings but ahead of Brands Hatch next weekend (20/21/22 July) the Tyco Suzuki rider has declared he hasn't given up on making the cut for the Showdown and is determined to turn his campaign around on the Grand Prix circuit.

The Grand Prix circuit has been arguably the track where the 'Wizard' has celebrated much of his title-winning success in previous seasons; he was victorious in the Superstock 1000 class in 2009, took his first MCE BSB race win in 2010 and wrapped up the British Supersport title last season. Seeley scored a podium finish at the Kent track on the Indy configuration earlier in the year and believes that next weekend he could fire himself back into contention with the help of lady luck on his side.

Seeley said:

"I really hope that next weekend at Brands Hatch we can turn our championship around; we had a good qualifying session at Oulton Park and just when we thought we were making progress we had a problem with the rear brake. We had some reasonable results in the other two races but I think who ever has that voodoo doll should stop sticking the pins in it! We have been a bit inconsistent and I think that has been down to bad luck. I think it has also taken me longer to adapt to the Superbike again and we still haven't nailed the setting one hundred percent, but we know what we need to do for Brands Hatch.

"To be inside the top six you have to be consistent and we all know that anything can happen in racing. There is still plenty of opportunity with the races still remaining before the Showdown and I am not going to be giving anything away as I certainly haven't given up on the possibility of a place in the top six yet. Brands Hatch has always been a good track for me; I won in Superstock there in '09, won my first BSB race and then wrapped up Supersport there last year so hopefully we can have some more good results next weekend."

17-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Website Find Reply