Easton has sights set on Brands Hatch comeback
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Easton has sights set on Brands Hatch comeback
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Stuart Easton is set to make his comeback to the 2012 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship season at Brands Hatch as the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki rider bids to make his return this weekend(20/21/22 July) having not ruled out the possibility of a place in the Showdown.

Easton had held a position inside the top six before he was sidelined for the Knockhill and Oulton Park rounds, but the Hawick rider admits he still hasn't given up completely on clawing back the deficit as he currently trails Noriyuki Haga in sixth by 36 points. Easton has continued to recuperate ahead of this weekend and now hoping for a successful second half of the season after scoring a podium finish at the earlier Oulton Park round.

Easton said:

"I really want to make my comeback this weekend; it does seem like most of my season has been like that really but I haven't given up completely on my chance to be in the Showdown and it isn't easy but you can never give up. If that was the case I would have done it last May after my crash but here I am, hoping that we can get back out this weekend and try and score some good points.

"The leg is feeling better and I have been recuperating since Oulton Park and I had some positive news that the ligament wasn't snapped which means it just needed time to heal. My aim is to ride this weekend as I love the Grand Prix circuit so to come back after a month, especially at Brands Hatch, makes it feel like the start of the season again. Hopefully we can start turning things around again and put the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki where we need to be."

17-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Website Find Reply